Solar-Sauna Int’l Ltd (SSI) “Home of the Direct Current Electric Sauna Heater and the DC Portable Ice Fishing Cabin / Hunting Blind with DC Sauna Built in”
Sauna Health Benefits:
- Soothes Mind and Body
- Relieves Stress, Relaxes Muscles
- Promotes Healthy Blood Flow
- Increases Body Metabolism
- Aids in Weight Loss Programs
- Deep Cleanses the Skin
- Eliminates Toxins, helps with Acne
- Boosts Immune System
- Creates white blood cells – helps you recover from illness faster
- Relieves Asthma, Allergies
- Relieves Arthritis, Fibromyalgia
- Helps with Cardiovascular Diseases
- Sport Endurance Training necessity
- Promotes an overall Healthy Lifestyle
- Solar-DC-Sauna benefits includes: Eliminates expensive electric power bills; Burns zero fossil fuels; Sustainable option; Clean-Air Sauna; DC Appliances last longer; Solar-Saunas pay for themselves in sauna energy savings!
- DC Sauna Heater Benefits: Portable, Battery Powered Sauna Heater, Can Power with solar or wind; Please call us for more information.
Steve Schroeder Founder/Inventor/Owner
Solar-Sauna Int’l Ltd. (SSI) is committed to sustainable “Green building” as an integrated framework of design, construction, and operations practices that encompasses the environmental, economic, and social impacts of buildings. Green building practices recognize the interdependence of the natural and built environments and seek to minimize the use of energy, water, and other natural resources and provide a healthy, productive indoor environment.
SSI has worked to integrate numerous sustainability guidelines into our Technical Design Standards. Since 2016, SSI has implemented a green building policy requiring all new construction and major renovations to meet the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification through the U.S. Green Building Council, and now commits to achieving LEED Gold.
What is a green building?
- Considers the true costs of building and site impacts on the local, regional, and global environment through life-cycle costing and assessment.
- Uses natural resources efficiently, maximizes the use of local materials, and eliminates waste.
- Reduces building ecological footprints allowing ecosystems to function more naturally.
- Optimizes climatic conditions through site orientation and design.
- Uses energy-efficiency systems and materials.
- Integrates natural daylight and ventilation and improves indoor air quality.
- Plans for future flexibility, expansion, and building demolition.
- Reduces, reuses, and recycles materials in all phases of construction and deconstruction.
- Minimizes the use of mined rare metals and persistent synthetic compounds.
- Conserves and reuses water and treats stormwater runoff on-site.
- Encourages a transit, bicycle and pedestrian oriented project.
- Includes advanced telecommunications technology allowing greater electronic access and reducing the need to travel.
- Improves acoustics and reduces noise levels.
Why is it important?
- Buildings consume 40% of all material and energy flows.
- Buildings represent 72% of U.S. electricity consumption.
- Buildings account for 38% of the CO2 emissions in the U.S. Green building practices provide the framework and tools to build in an efficient, healthy, and ecologically responsible manner.
1. Why Solar? Eliminate your utility bills - What will you do with all that extra money saved?
The most immediate effects you will see after purchasing and installing solar are lower utility bills. Solar panels will pay for themselves, it’s real savings straight to the bank after that. With utility rates climbing regularly, each year you’ll save more with solar than the year before. However, the long-term advantage of solar energy is energy independence. Once the upfront costs for the system are paid, you no longer need to worry about the availability or price of energy as long as the system is running – you are your own energy provider!
In some states and regions, utilities have net metering programs in place that allow you to sell any excess power your system produces back to them. With net metering, whenever the solar system is creating more power than you actually can use, it will flow back into the grid and you will receive a credit for the energy your system is pushing onto the grid. This is especially beneficial in situations where power generation does not align with the times of demand. For example, in the middle of the day when the sun is highest and generating the most solar power, household demand is often lowest, so you would still be putting your excess power to use.
2. Increase the value of your home
Buying a home with solar panels directly translates into lower or NO electricity costs, which can be a benefit if you’re looking to sell your house. Just like homes in preferred school districts or homes with good Home Energy Ratings, solar panels will increase a home’s market value. A study conducted by National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) concluded that homes with solar panels sell 20% faster and for 17% more money than those without, and the U.S. Dept. of Energy Laerence B. Nat’l Laboratory found that the sales price of the average home increased $17,000 with solar panels. The property value advantages of solar energy only increase as you scale up, and as electricity prices go up (as they most certainly will), it’s likely that the value of a solar installation will rise as well.
3. Tax credit and rebates
Federal, state, and local governments often offer lucrative tax credits, rebates, and other incentives to encourage homeowners to switch to renewable energy.
The federal government allows you to deduct 30% of your solar energy system costs off your federal taxes through the federal investment tax credit (ITC). If you do not expect to owe taxes in the year you purchase your solar system, you can roll over your federal solar tax credit to the following year.
Other incentives vary widely by region, and will be determined by local legislation and utility regulations. You can find a full list of incentive programs available in your area at the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency (DSIRE).
These incentives can dramatically lower the cost of a solar energy purchase and can often make solar power less expensive than power from the utility company. We will help you crunch the numbers to see how available tax credits and rebates will affect the final cost of your solar system.
4. Low maintenance and high reliability
Modern solar systems are built to withstand normal and seasonal environmental conditions, and a high-quality system will require little to no maintenance. Operations and maintenance involves preventative routines mostly defined by inspections, both periodic and after significant events such as storms. Owners of residential and small-scale commercial installations often can perform these inspections themselves.
These low maintenance highly reliable systems mean that all homeowners need to do is sit back and enjoy their solar savings without needing to worry about system failures or weather-related damage, and will ensure your customer’s peace of mind for years to come.
This is the most obvious benefit of installing solar panels, but it’s worth mentioning again. While in use, solar panels create absolutely no waste or emissions. Unlike fossil fuel power plants, they produce clean, renewable energy from an energy source that requires no excavation, transportation, or combustion. It’s a simpler, cheaper, cleaner, and all-around better energy solution. And, of course, solar grants energy independence, since sunshine can’t be bought or monopolized and is available everywhere, free of charge, for everyone!
6. Off-The-Grid and Hybrid Solar Power Systems
If the power grid goes down your solar system goes down too. Doesn’t make any sense to us. We specialize in hybrid and off-the-grid Solar Power Systems, where you will store power in batteries even though you’re grid-connected, this is a hybrid system. A 100% off-the-grid capable means you are storing 100% of your power in batteries. For off-grid families we provide a 100% Off Grid Solar Power System with or without AC Power Inverter… We love the Nickel Iron Batteries that last 11,000+ cycles or 30+ years but are much more expensive than standard 8 yr batteries…
7. It's fun to power your life with Solar
When you see your batteries fully charged by lunchtime on a cloudy stormy day, you are more than content, comfortable and happy. The one thing our sales reps sometimes forget to mention, “It is fun to watch your batteries re-charge by the sunlight, it’s fun to power your life with solar.”
How we build: SIP’s Saves Energy
Due to the high R-values of RAY-CORE panels, along with the tightness of their joints, savings in energy costs are significant over the life of the structure. Studies show that owners can save up to 40% on heating and cooling costs every year. According to the U.S. Department of Energy: consumers spend $241 billion each year on energy for home use. About 1 in 5 of the nation's energy dollars is spent in homes.
Let's Compare Common Insulations
As with any insulation (cellulose, fiberglass, polyurethane, and polystyrene a.k.a. EPS or XPS,) as the air temperature drops the R-value increases. As the air temperature raises the R-value decreases. It is important that when you see an R-value you know at what temperature the product was tested. The apples to apples R-value ASTM C518 comparison is 75°F. The per inch R-values below are in accordance with the ASTM C518 Standards at 75°F.
|*R-VALUES AT 75°F||R-Value/ Inch||R-Value 2×4 (3.5″)||R-Value 2×6 (5.5″)||R-Value 2×8 (7.25″)|
|RAY-CORE Polyurethane Foam||7||24.5||38.5||50.7|
|Icynene Spray Foam||5.8||20.3||31.9||42.0|
|Extruded Polystyrene (EPS)||5.0||17.5||27.5||36.2|
|Expanded Polystyrene (XPS)||Avg. 4.0||14||22||29|
- SSI Ltd. uses Cedar Siding Standard – Custom Built with Real Western Red Cedar, actually helps reduce greenhouse gasses. Cedar, along with other wood products, has the lowest impact of all building materials on air and water quality. For starters, the manufacturing of wood products produces far fewer toxins and greenhouse gases than the leading man-made materials. But it gets better than that; the regeneration of forests after harvest creates new trees, which take in carbon dioxide and release oxygen as they grow. That’s great news for the environment.
- Real Cedar is recyclable and biodegradable. Man-made materials – including brick, cement and composite products – don’t break down like wood does. The only things they help grow are the piles at the landfill, and the holes in the ozone layer.
- Real Cedar is a renewable resource. Wood is the world’s only renewable building material. Lumber producers have been replacing harvested trees so diligently over the last few decades that North American forests have actually grown by 20 per cent since 1970. Solar-Sauna Int’l is committed to providing certified Canadian Red Cedar wood at no additional cost to consumers. In addition Solar-Sauna Int’l will plant a cedar tree in your name for each purchase.
- Real Cedar is sourced from the most sustainably managed forests in the world. Western Red Cedar is green by nature, but Solar-Sauna® and Independent Canadian Certification is a bonus for consumers looking for an added assurance. More than 85 per cent of timberland in British Columbia, Canada – where most western red cedar comes from – is certified by internationally recognized, independent forest agencies.
- Real Cedar saves energy. Wood products require much less energy to produce than concrete or steel – that’s according to an independent study that compared how much energy is needed to obtain, manufacture, transport and install building materials for identical wood frame, steel frame and concrete houses. These findings prove, once and for all, that wood is environmentally superior to alternative materials. And on top of that, wood has naturally occurring thermal properties. Red Cedar conducts heat and insulates better than steel and concrete, so it saves even more energy (not to mention money) when it comes to heating and cooling Solar-Saunas.
RE: Batteries: Nickel-Iron, what makes it different / better than lead-acid type batteries?
Nickel Iron is an alternative to lead acid that is much longer lasting, easier to charge and completely recyclable with no heavy metals inside. The Nickel Iron battery was invented by Thomas Edison as he searched for an “ideal” storage battery. Perhaps the best way to think of the differences between the two types is by looking at the Redox chemical reactions that happen inside the battery. As a lead-acid battery charges and discharges, its lead plates dissolve and are reformed, but never recover to their original condition. Slowly, sulfate crystals build up on the lead plates, which reduce capacity and eventually kill the battery. Nickel Iron, on the other hand, has electrodes that are insoluble in the electrolyte, so no plate degradation ever occurs. This leads to its extremely long life, which is at least 5 times longer than a traditional flooded lead acid. The Nickel Iron is tolerant of abuse, overcharge, and undercharge, and actually performs better when worked hard, lasts 11,000 cycles, 30 years. This is exactly the kind of battery that is ideal for PV energy storage. However the initial cost can be very high.
We use Titanium 25/30/50 Year Underlayment
- Features & Benefits:
- Patented SURE-FOOT® slip resistant nodular walking surface and an advanced resin technology that provide superior steep slope walkability
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Up to 6 months UV exposure rating
- Meets and exceeds ASTM D226 Types I & II
and D4869 Types II & IV
- ICC ES Approved
- Class A Fire ASTM E108 – CAN/CSA A220.1
- Meets Class 4 Hail Rating
- Florida Building Code Approved
- Texas Department of Insurance
- 6 times lighter & 20 times stronger than #30 felt
- Contributes to LEED® points, 100% Recyclable
- All temperature performance -40°F to 240°F
- Synthetic construction inert to mold growth
- Cool gray surface, doesn’t expand or contract
SSI uses the most sustainable building products to build your sauna, cabin or home.
Products & Services: -- 3 Kw Direct Current (DC) Sauna Heaters -- 6 kw Direct Current (DC) Sauna Heaters -- Solar Power Systems -- DIY Solar-DC-Sauna Kits -- Custom Built Solar DC Saunas -- Solar Deer Hunting Blinds with DC Sauna Heater -- Solar Ice Fishing Cabins with DC Sauna Built in -- Sauna with Changing Room and Charging Station Solar-Sauna Custom Built Models:
The Colorado Solar Powered DC Sauna + Multi-Use Changing Room with Charge Station
- 2-10 Person Cedar Sauna, Finnish style, hot/dry room sauna
- Splash water on sauna rocks to create steam
- Custom Built or DIY Kit
- This model is an Outdoor Sauna; portable option
- Includes complete, state of the art Off-Grid or Hybrid Solar Power System with Battery pack!
Solar Power provides premium power that is identical to or even better than power supplied by your electric company.
FOR SALE: Custom Built “Colorado” 2 Person Sauna – 3000 Watt DC Electric Sauna with Changing Room – all Cedar interior and exterior – very heavy, not portable – with 900 Watt per hour Solar Power System and sauna… Retail $22,000 Now on sale $16,000 – 30% US Fed Tax Credit* = $11,200*
The Sportsman Ice Fishing Cabin & Hunting Blind with Solar-DC-Sauna & Tow Package
- Solar Powered Ice Fishing Cabin / Hunting Blind
- 3000 Watt DC (direct current) Sauna Heater with Controller built in
- Real Finnish style Sauna Room – pour water on sauna rocks to create steam
- Camouflage exterior Siding; Cedar Interior
- 900 Watt (peak per hour of sun) Solar Power System with 12V Battery Pack built in bed/bench
- DC LED Lighting
- Use at home, camp, hunting, ice fishing and work.
- Solar Power provides premium power that is identical to or even better than power supplied by your electric company.
- 12ptops, cell, lights, fans, your Solar-Sauna and Tiny House**Call for free power usage estimate.
- Western Red Cedar Changing Room option
- Pail and Ladle – can splash water on the sauna rocks to create steam
- Solar H.V.A.C. system to help heat Changing Room (or your garage, shop, cabin or tiny house…used with extra electric heater)
- Custom LED Lighting Design
- Insulated and Vented Battery Bench
- Extra Options Included on this model: Electric DC Winch; Extra Bench + Table; Removable Ice Fishing Floor; U-Cuts in window-sill for easy shooting; Ice Auger Stand, Gun Rack, Fish Pole Rack and more sportsman necessities accounted for… Please call us for more information.
Solar-Sauna Power Capabilities: 1800 Watts per hour times only 6 hours of sunlight = up to 9,720 Watts of Power stored in your battery pack! This mid-sized, powerful and truly unique, one-of-a-kind Solar-Sauna will power the sauna, heater, fan and lights; and can help power or fully power your home!**Please call for details.
- “Solar powered saunas can help power the home, camp and can also be used for ice fishing, hunting and taking a sauna anywhere you can tow it… Sauna anywhere!” Steve Schroeder Owner, Inventor & Founder of Solar-Sauna Int’l Ltd.
- From 2 KW – 10 KW Solar Power Systems (Off-Grid, Hybrid, or Grid Tied Systems)
- From 1-10 Person saunas
- Custom Built or DIY Kits
- Please call us or email us for your free estimate today!
Solar-Saunas provide premium power that is identical to or even better than power supplied by your electric company. Thank you for choosing Solar-Sauna Int’l Ltd. We are committed to helping your family live sustainably and sauna in the cleanest most healthiest possible way. Solar-Sauna will meet your needs and more! Custom Builds include 12Volt Battery Pack.
DC Electric Fridge / Freezer
DC Electric Stove / Oven
DC Microwave Oven
DC LED Lighting Designs
DC Tankless (on demand) Water Heaters
Mini Power Inverters to Large Inverters
Ice Fishing Cabin/Hunt Blind
Plumbing / Bathroom / Tiny Kitchen
Custom Furniture; e.g. Murphy Bed, Folding Chairs Benches & Tables
Nickel Iron Batteries
Air to Water Generators
Hidden Gun Safe / Custom Gun Racks / Fishing Pole Racks
Family Signs / Humorous Sauna Signs
Inspirational Artwork / Artwork can be incorporated into your sauna!
You may qualify for a 30% U.S. Federal Tax Credit for your Solar-Powered-Sauna and we will help process forms for you! Also your local Utility Company may have a cash incentive. Plus if you add plumbing, you may qualify for a second house tax credit.* Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency (DSIRE).
- *Must Qualify for U.S. Federal Tax Credit
- A taxpayer may claim a credit of 30% of qualified expenditures for a system that serves a dwelling unit located in the United States that is owned and used as a residence by the taxpayer. Expenditures with respect to the equipment are treated as made when the installation is completed. If the installation is at a new home, the “placed in service” date is the date of occupancy by the homeowner. Expenditures include labor costs for on-site preparation, assembly or original system installation, and for piping or wiring to interconnect a system to the home. If the federal tax credit exceeds tax liability, the excess amount may be carried forward to the succeeding taxable year. The maximum allowable credit, equipment requirements and other details vary by technology, as outlined below.Solar-electric property
- 30% for systems placed in service by 12/31/2019
- 26% for systems placed in service after 12/31/2019 and before 01/01/2021
- 22% for systems placed in service after 12/31/2020 and before 01/01/2022
- There is no maximum credit for systems placed in service after 2008.
- Systems must be placed in service on or after January 1, 2006, and on or before December 31, 2021.
- The home served by the system does not have to be the taxpayer’s principal residence.
- Thank you for Choosing Solar-Sauna Int’l Ltd.